Dr. Sean Rockett is an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine. His group is Orthopedics New England with offices in Natick, Newton and Dedham, Massachusetts. Dr. Rockett is a CrossFit Level 1 trainer and has been a CrossFitter at CrossFit New England since 2007.
Dr. Rockett has been with Orthopedics New England since 1999 and is the senior partner. A native of Brookline, Dr. Rockett received his bachelor of arts degree in biology from Harvard University. Following that, he completed his medical degree at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and his internship in general surgery from Tufts Medical Center. From there, Dr. Rockett finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery from the same institution.
In addition to his clinical and surgical duties at Orthopedics New England, Dr. Rockett serves as Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He has been a coach for the Wellesley football, baseball, softball, and soccer youth teams. When he’s not seeing patients or teaching students, Dr. Rockett’s outside interests include art history, ancient Greece and Rome, and spy novels.
Since 2012, Dr. Rockett enjoys being the Head Orthopedic Surgeon for the CrossFit® Games. Additionally, he is a triathlete, CrossFit® Level One Certified, and Head Orthopedic Adviser for CrossFit®.
Dr. Rockett is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Rockett has been recognized and awarded with:
•Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Massachusetts’ Favorite Physician Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013-2017, 2019)
• Boston Magazine Top Doctor (2017, 2019, 2020)
• Regional Top Doctors
• On-Time Doctor Award (2014-2015)
• Vitals.com Patients’ Choice Award (2008-2016)
• Vitals.com Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012-2016)
• Vitals.com Top 10™ Doctor Recognition: Massachusetts, Greater Boston Area, City-Newton Lower Falls & Neighborhood-Waban (2014)
• Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2013-2016)
• Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009-2016)
• Castle Connolly Top Doctors (2012-2013, 2016)
• Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Othopaedic Surgery, Newton (2019)
• Castle Connolly Top Doctors: Boston™ (2009)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association
- Subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Massachusetts Medical Society
Official Team Affiliations:
- CrossFit® Games Head Orthopedic Surgeon
- CrossFit® Head Orthopedic Adviser
- Natick High School
- Belmont Hill School
- Wayland High School
- The Boston Bolts Soccer Club
- Blue Man Group